Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Scarf Started . . . .

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well, I was really anxious to get my scarf at least started last night. I had 2 balls (just the right amount - with a little extra) of Rowan Wool Cotton for the project. It's really soft and smooth and will feel good against my neck which is usually sensitive to having anything around it! Also, it was the right weight yarn to use with size 8 needle. The color is a really yummy plum/burgundy shade and is looking good knit up so far. However, it took me 2 1/2 hours to cast on 180 stitches and do three rows. Now I have to do another increase row which will double my stitches to 720. I don't think I'll get 3 rows done tonight - - - - -. I can see where a person would want more than one of these - they're really different and fun!

2 Comments:

At Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:39:00 AM, Blogger KniTaPaLooZa said...

Sue, I love the color... I saw one today finished and it was awesome. I am so suprised at how nice it looks. It was a single ruffle but she changed yarn 1/2 way through. Good luck on yours.

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 5:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so axious to get this one done that you picked out a yarn to make a totally different scarf... Twit! LoL Neener Neener Neener... I copied you... LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home